20060914

New York, New York




"New York's Finest"
5 x 7" oil on board (click to bid)


SOLD

I recently took a trip to New York City and completely fell in love! I find it interesting that tons of concrete and steel can look so beautiful and inspiring.

I saw this officer standing gaurd near Rockefeller Plaza with his horse, and immediately became intrigued. Vivid scenes of the officer chasing down a purse snatcher, or would-be mugger came to mind. Which then led to the all-important question: if he arrests someone, does he bring them in on the back of his horse?

4 Comments:

Blogger jakesdad said...

very nice...we'll visit often!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can almost hear the cars honking and flags snapping in the wind. You captured the movement in your strokes!
Great job - as always.
a fan

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh Cassidy, you came to NYC and you didn't even tell me you were coming! I would have loved to have seen you.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh by the way the last comment about NYC is by Leah McCormick

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home